Get more from your running with training, guiding and inspiration from Trail Running Scotland.
With courses to improve your confidence in off-road running, with running technique, navigation training and tips for dealing with rough terrain.
Explore the Highlands in a different way on one of our guided adventures. Seeking out the best trails on classic journeys and local secrets.
If you are after something a bit more epic then check out our sky-running courses, combining running and mountaineering skills this is the pinnacle of off-road running worldwide. Build your skills or prepare for a race.
Trail Running Courses
What would you do if you were injured or lost when you are out running and needed to get help, and who would be coming to give that help?
When we are trail running, we can find ourselves in remote terrain surprisingly quickly. It is important to be realistic about what would happen if we were unable to continue for any reason and had to sit and wait for a rescue.
At Trail Running Scotland we are working hard towards the vision of a vibrant community of runners, connected through shared values of health, wellbeing, personal performance and an appreciation of the wild places we choose to play in. We aim to do this by providing the highest quality of skills training and inspirational experiences.
- The environment in which we run is fundamental to our enjoyment of the sport.
- Connection with our landscape and natural history fosters a greater appreciation of our environment and therefore our impact upon it.
- Every runner has the potential to develop given the right training and motivation.
- Every runner can find their own personal version of high performance.
- Every running experience should be fun.
- The trail running community should be welcoming, inclusive and diverse.