Get more from your running with training, guiding and inspiration from Trail Running Scotland.
With courses to improve your confidence in off-road running, with running technique, navigation training and tips for dealing with rough terrain.
Explore the Highlands in a different way on one of our guided adventures. Seeking out the best trails on classic journeys and local secrets.
If you are after something a bit more epic then check out our sky-running courses, combining running and mountaineering skills this is the pinnacle of off-road running worldwide. Build your skills or prepare for a race.
Trail Running Courses
Last year a group of influential, climate conscious runners created The Green Runners to give our community a voice after disappointing outcomes from COP27 in Glasgow.
Thery encourage their members to share a pledge based on their 4 pillars:
1) How YOU Move 2) How YOU Kit-up 3) How YOU Eat 4) How YOU Speak Out
I have been specifically training towards this event for three years, although in general terms you could say I’ve been preparing for it for 40 years! It was planned as a massive challenge to mark my 40th year, to prove to myself that I’m not going soft and that I still have plenty of room for improvement yet. It certainly lived up to expectations and I loved (nearly) every minute of this wild adventure!
At Trail Running Scotland we are working hard towards the vision of a vibrant community of runners, connected through shared values of health, wellbeing, personal performance and an appreciation of the wild places we choose to play in. We aim to do this by providing the highest quality of skills training and inspirational experiences.
- The environment in which we run is fundamental to our enjoyment of the sport.
- Connection with our landscape and natural history fosters a greater appreciation of our environment and therefore our impact upon it.
- Every runner has the potential to develop given the right training and motivation.
- Every runner can find their own personal version of high performance.
- Every running experience should be fun.
- The trail running community should be welcoming, inclusive and diverse.
We are proud to support The Green Runners