Get more from your running with training, guiding and inspiration from Trail Running Scotland.
With courses to improve your confidence in off-road running, with running technique, navigation training and tips for dealing with rough terrain.
Explore the Highlands in a different way on one of our guided adventures. Seeking out the best trails on classic journeys and local secrets.
If you are after something a bit more epic then check out our sky-running courses, combining running and mountaineering skills this is the pinnacle of off-road running worldwide. Build your skills or prepare for a race.
Trail Running Courses
Arriving in Fort William for the 2021 Cape Wrath Ultra was a strange experience, at first I thought it was just because it was so long since I had last raced due to covid, but then I realised, this would be the first race that I had ever done twice!
As we got out of the car by the Glen Nevis youth hostel I looked up towards the summit of Ben Nevis and was struck by how big it looked. I have been into this glen many times before, and have climbed “The Ben” by many different routes, but today it looked….. really big! Perhaps it was a trick of the light, or perhaps it had something to do with what I had planned in the next 24 hours that would finish with having to run down all 1344 meters of it’s rocky trails.
At Trail Running Scotland we are working hard towards the vision of a vibrant community of runners, connected through shared values of health, wellbeing, personal performance and an appreciation of the wild places we choose to play in. We aim to do this by providing the highest quality of skills training and inspirational experiences.
- The environment in which we run is fundamental to our enjoyment of the sport.
- Connection with our landscape and natural history fosters a greater appreciation of our environment and therefore our impact upon it.
- Every runner has the potential to develop given the right training and motivation.
- Every runner can find their own personal version of high performance.
- Every running experience should be fun.
- The trail running community should be welcoming, inclusive and diverse.